This package contains 1 color: Red.
Makes 30 eggs total.
Hard-boiled eggs, dyed deep red to symbolize the redeeming blood of Christ, are a Greek (or Eastern Orthodox) tradition at Easter. The egg is further symbolic in that it is an emblem of the Resurrection: it contains life motionless; in like manner, after being motionless in the grave, the resurrected come forth with new life. On Easter and the following week, the general greeting "Christos Anesti!" (Christ is Risen!) and the reply "Alethos Anesti!" (Truly He is Risen!) are heard among the faithful.
Instructions For Making Perfectly Bright Red Easter Eggs:
- Boil the eggs that you wish to dye and let them cool properly.
- Dissolve the dye in a glass of hot water.
- In a pot containing either cold or hot water, add one glass of vinegar and the dissolved dye, stirring well.
- Immerse the cold eggs and let them dye for 2-5 minutes maximum.
- Dry eggs in paper towels & polish them with a towel, moistened with oil.